Benefits of Boiled Cassava for Diet – Cassava is a natural food plant that is included in the tuber class that can grow well in tropical areas. In Indonesia itself, cassava ranks as the third-highest staple food after rice and corn.
Losing weight or a good diet is to combine a diet program with exercise because these two things are interrelated and cannot be separated. Until now, the diet by consuming Boiled Cassava for Diet has no side effects so it is safe to do so. Cassava, which is often regarded as a lower class food menu, has many nutritional values which are very useful in supporting your diet program.
Nutritional Content of Cassava
In cassava tubers contain many nutrients which are not only beneficial for maintaining digestive health and overcoming various diseases, but also very good for helping diet programs, namely water, energy, protein, fiber, sugar, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, zinc, manganese, selenium, vitamin C, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B6, folate, choline, betaine, vitamin B12, vitamin A, and vitamin E.
- Calcium: Not only is it useful for nourishing and strengthening bones and teeth, but calcium is useful for the fat burning process which is good for the diet.
- Magnesium: Very good for calming nerves, the process of bone formation, and also the metabolism of fat, carbohydrates, and protein so that it does not accumulate in the body.
- Phosphorus: It is important for the process of growing bones and teeth, making digestion work more effectively, maintaining kidney health, forming protein, regulating hormone balance, helping the body’s metabolic processes, repairing and maintaining cells in the body.
- Sodium: Regulates fluid balance, improves muscle function, regulates glucose, improves nerve function, maintains brain performance and function, improves the performance of nerve impulses, regulates blood pressure
- Zinc: Zinc or zinc is useful for boosting immunity, a high source of antioxidants for skin, hair, wound healing, vision, and diarrhea.
- Manganese: Counteract free radicals, healthy bones, prevent epilepsy, maintain body metabolism, overcome inflammation, prevent osteoporosis.
- Selenium: is anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, maintains tissue elasticity, prevents cancer, macular degeneration.
- Thiamin: plays a role in energy production, helps develop myelin sheath, nourishes the heart, prevents premature aging, prevents cataracts.
- Potassium: Serves as the body’s electrolyte system, restores the balance of blood components, improves body immunity.
- Riboflavin: Protects the body from free radicals, plays a role in energy metabolism, forms red blood cells, converts vitamin B6 and folic acid, helps nerve performance, maintains body organs, helps the growth process of infants and pregnant women.
- Niacin: Lowers blood cholesterol levels, maintains the digestive system, helps in the body’s metabolic processes, maintains nerve health, helps the process of height growth, helps absorb calcium, maintains healthy skin and hair, maintains mental health, prevents diabetes.
- Choline : Improves brain performance, builds tissue, helps the body function, maintains healthy cell membranes, protects the liver, helps the process of breaking down fat, prevents bad cholesterol, essential for fetal growth.
- Folate: Production of red blood cells, helps the development of brain nerves, helps the development of motor nerves, avoids fetal neural tube defects, eliminates toxins, improves memory, prevents depression.
What are the Benefits of Boiled Cassava for Diet?
Benefits of Boiled Cassava For Diet
To be able to get complete nutrition in cassava, the processing method also needs to be considered properly. If processed by frying, the oil content of the frying process will interfere with the nutritional value of cassava. The best way is to process cassava by boiling, here are some uses of cassava for your diet menu.
Cassava, which is one of the foods with high carbohydrate content, will make the body feel full longer, besides that cassava also does not contain fat and other harmful substances for the body.
Especially if cassava is processed by boiling, you can get even more benefits of cassava. With a longer feeling of fullness, this will automatically reduce the portion of food that will support the diet program you are running.
As a substitute for rice
Cassava has a much lower sugar content compared to rice, while its fiber content is very high. Its structure is also denser than rice, making boiled cassava very suitable as the main menu to replace rice.
Are There Benefits of Boiled Cassava for Diet?
Absorbs Toxins and Fat
Due to the high fiber content in boiled cassava and also not easily dissolved in water, cassava is also useful for absorbing and removing toxins and excess fat in the intestines so that the digestive tract becomes smoother.
The cassava plant contains 112 calories, is free of fat and cholesterol, so consuming cassava that is processed by boiling is highly recommended for those who are undergoing a diet program, because the sweetness produced from cassava is a natural ingredient that is very safe for consumption and does not make it heavy.
As a Source of Energy
In carrying out daily activities, everyone needs good intake as a source of energy. The carbohydrate content in cassava is different from the carbohydrates in rice. In cassava it contains complex carbohydrates that take a long time to digest, so by replacing rice with cassava, you will have a lot of energy reserves for activities without having to eat a lot which will only increase body weight.
High in Saponins
Saponins are a type of phytochemical that is very good for reducing bad cholesterol levels in the body. Saponins will work by binding to cholesterol and bile acids to prevent cholesterol from seeping through the small intestine.
Diet for Diabetes Patients
Diabetics really avoid rice in doing a diet program, because rice has a high glucose content which is harmful to the body. However, boiled cassava contains natural glucose which is lower than rice, so it is very good for a low-sugar diet menu for diabetics.
The benefits of Boiled Cassava for Diet will be very good because cassava is a good source of high carbohydrates as a substitute for rice. Pay attention to the processing method of cassava, wash it, and boil it until cooked to remove the toxins in raw cassava.